10/01/2006

The Making of a Cat Doctor

When I was in high school, I wanted to be a plastic surgeon. I liked science and I liked money. I liked money because my family didn't have any. When I was a junior in high school, I attended a career day at a local vet clinic. At the time, I thought veterinarians only gave shots and neutered animals. I walked into the clinic's laboratory and saw a microscope sitting on the counter. I saw blood machines, autoclaves, surgical monitors, medical charts, and a well-stocked surgical suite. I had no idea that veterinary medicine was so scientific. The complexity of practice intrigued me. From that day on, I wanted to go to college to become a veterinarian, even though veterinarians don't make a quarter the amount of money plastic surgeons make.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]